Where is the brain box located in the 1983 Honda Accord sedan?

rndpieceofcpr
0

Asked by rndpieceofcpr Apr 17, 2007 at 06:15 PM about the 1983 Honda Accord Base Sedan

I recently purchased a '83 honda accord 4-door sedan, and when the car is running the most of the time all of my gauges DON'T WORK! The only one working is the speedometer. The RPM gauge don't work, the temp gauge is redline hot,(but its not hot!)the gas gauge is reading FULL tank,(when its only a 1/4 of a tank. What could be the problem? I've checked the fuses and they are all good. Also when this is happening the dash lights don't work either! Then after driving continuosly for 45 minutes or so the dash lights will start to work and then about 10 to 20 minutes after that the gauges will begin to work. I was told that I needed to replace the brain, but I can't even locate it! PLEASE can anyone help me?

Since59
145

Have you checked to make sure all your fuses are working properly? A burnt fuse can render some of your gauges inoperable