what is it worth?

foofoo
25

Asked by foofoo Dec 12, 2007 at 10:19 AM about the 1980 Honda Accord Hatchback LX

I bought it new. Garaged it in the northern winters. Wintered in the sunny south. Very non-rusted. Still a nice car and runs well but parts are getting scarce and expensive, and as a retiree, I can no longer afford to keep it running.  This car is for the connesseur or the discriminating collector, not for your average retiree, business man or youngster and my wife says I cannot afford to keep it running. And her too!  So, regretfully, I must sell it.
I just put a thousand bucks into the distributor,the carburetor and the water pump. SO, WHAT IS IT WORTH?

23,625

Unfortunately, the 1980s cars have not reached the heights of value that the 1960s cars have. I hate to say it but your vehicle is probably only worth in the $2000-4000 range, despite excellent condition.