1977 accord rehab

77age_ncar
0

Asked by 77age_ncar Jul 16, 2011 at 12:01 AM about the 1977 Honda Accord 2 DR Hatchback

I have been trying to restore a 1977 honda accord.  I've found a few parts at napa,
the dealer, and honda vintage parts.  I cant find a hood release cable, rear bumper
clips, or the dog bone motor mount.  Anyone have any ideas?

Ben Vincent
215

I have one of these, too. It is not going to be the kind of project where you'll find parts anywhere, actually, as these are not 'collectable' cars. Your best bet will be to start looking for them in the South, whether from people or junkyards and just buy the, pick them clean of anything that could be usable and get rid of the shells. Unless you have space to store those, too . . . The next thing you'll need to do is try to find other parts that will work on your car that might not be OEM, but will do the job, like plastic fasteners, etc. Mine hasn't been on the road in a while, and I have a whole other engine-swap idea in mind, so I'm not going to be restoring it. You might put in a search on eBay, where it's send you a daily email of things listed for Accords from those years. Keep in mind, the '76-'77 models are 1.5L. They got bumped to 1.8L (if I remember correctly) in '78 and then the body changed in '80 or '81. Hope this helps . . .

77age_ncar
0

Thanks. The search begins.

papschevy
0

Try a website called "This Old Honda". Its a parody of this old house. They have a huge classified section of people selling/buying talking about old honda's. http://www.thisoldhonda.org/ you can at least et in the ball-park where you might find the parts you need. Good Luck