how long should I let my 2006 Mercedes Benz R500 warm up before I drive her?

jamel_lytle
35

Asked by jamel_lytle Mar 12, 2012 at 12:43 PM about the 2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class R500 4dr Wagon AWD

Hello everyone, When I start the car, I let it idle down (takes about 1 mins to 2mins or less) then I drive
it. I noticed that when I do this, the car seems to make a loud noise as if she's annoyed and yelling at
me(SMILES). When I putter and tinker in the car for 4 mins or so with the kids and then take off, it's not
as loud. Does this sound like something I should get checked out or should I idle longer? This is my 1st
Benz so for give my ignorance.
Also, my sensors go red when I press the brakes occasionally and make the loud beep sound after it
rains. What is that about?
I appreciate your advice and opinions in advance.
man I like this website :)
J.Lytle

Roma Bezma
60

Well actually before you drive off, the car has to be warm or perfect temp to function at its best, but obviously no one will wait for that long so it is actually not recommended to have large rpm when driving on cold engine. You can ask dealership machenics about it and they will tell u that it is normal for it to be loud. And about sencors, Im not sure about but my guess would be, it is telling to check the break compartments because maybe something needs to be replaced or damaged.

Best Answer
jamel_lytle
35

Thank you for your reply Roman. I will contact the dealership tomorrow about my sensors.

jamel_lytle
35

Sensors needed to be replaced :) covered by warranty. All is well in R-Ville USA

jamel_lytle
35

false activation of parking aid warning malfunction. no signal output. replace L/inner sensor. power steering pump needed to be replace,seal leaking,gasket,seal ring. V. bellows leaking, replace L/F strut. no issues or problems now. like new :)

dedrke5
20

I just got a mercedes r500 and if I don't warm it up it would skip the gear is this normal? thanks