I have a 2000 Impala. When I got the car it seemed to have electrical problems. One issues I%27m worried about is that my blinkers will stop working out of nowhere. When I would put on the signal%2C the arrows on the dash wont respond at all. It would happen on and off when I first got it%2C I would just turn the car off and back on and they would work. A few months went by without a problem%2C then about a week ago it started happening again. They will just stop when I am driving%2C and sometime restarting my car wont help. I%27m not sure what it is%2C or what it will cost to fix.

Layla6993
0

Asked by Layla6993 Apr 18, 2013 at 03:55 PM about the 2000 Chevrolet Impala LS

I have a 2000 Impala. When I got the car it seemed to have electrical problems. One issues I'm worried about is that my blinkers will stop working out of nowhere. When I would put  on the signal, the arrows on the dash wont respond at all. It would happen on and off when  I first got it, I would just turn the car off and back on and they would work. A few months went by without a problem, then about a week ago it started happening again. They will just stop when I am driving, and sometime restarting my car wont help. I'm not sure what it is, or what it will cost to fix.

judge_roy

I'd buy a NEW battery....the electricals have gone wonky because the old one isn't charging up properly [car batteries lose their ability to accept a charge 10%/year], Because it has lived many battery lives by now is the time to replace this one again...and don't forget the black wire and the connection to the chassis at the other end and the connection to the motor....it is through clean power we can be sure components will behave themselves....and just for funzies could buy a new flasher unit and keep it in the glovebox for when this one goes bad~