I have a 2000 chevy impala shut the car off and it wouldnt turn over after that is getting no power to the stater wire on the solinoid whats wrong?

mathusila
0

Asked by mathusila Aug 11, 2013 at 10:14 PM about the 2000 Chevrolet Impala Base

I have 2000 impala 3.4 will not turn over is not getting power to the stater wire on the solenoid fuses and relays all good when I put an anylizer on it it said it couldn't connect to the vehicle can jump across the solenoid and start it but it stops running after a second or two what can it be?

bigc52
195

check your battery.batteries can quit on you even after just driving it.take it to your local auto parts store to have them check it for you.I would also have your alternator checked out to.A bad alternator can run down a new batter in a very short time.Do those 2 things and I bet you will find your answer.GOOD LUCK!!!!

13,075

Sounds like a problem with the BCM (Body Control Module). When you turn the key for the ignition an "engine start request" signal is sent to the BCM. The BCM then completes the circuit to the starter and cranks the engine. HTH. -Jim