Uhhhh Several questions....

HermanTheFriendlyYaris
25

Asked by HermanTheFriendlyYar... Apr 06, 2012 at 11:37 AM about the 2007 Toyota Yaris Base 3 Dr Hatchback

So. First off sometimes when I turn on the car it makes like a screeching noise. I got my car from carmax in January
and he said that it's just some moisture on some belt. Buuuut I really want to try to get rid if it if I can... There is also
something with the gas and brake... I've noticed that the brake pedal can be firm to really loose when I brake and it's
really hard to get used to. Same with the gas pedal just not as noticeable... Please help meh. I knows nothing of
carzz.

negnoir
65

for the belt noise you can while the car is running spray some wd40 on belts and this stop the belt noise watch out for blow back, always wear safety glasses.

negnoir
65

for the brake/gas pedal variations, you may want to check for vacuum leaks,

HermanTheFriendlyYaris
25

Thank you so much! But could you tell me how to check for vacuume leaks...? :0

aztec626bf
6,545

The screeching noise is the belt. If brakes are firm then soft you either have air in lines or some bad seals in master cylinder. Gas peddle being easy then harder could be bad accelerator cable or maybe the cable is just kinked or routed wrong putting extra friction on the cable.

aztec626bf
6,545

To check for vacuum leaks use a can of starter fluid and spray short little bursts at the vacuum lines and around intake. When you hear an increase in RPM you have found the leak.

Erin Bruch
55

Is you car under warranty yet?