2007 toyota yaris problems

yarishell
5

Asked by yarishell Aug 02, 2009 at 10:07 PM about the 2007 Toyota Yaris Base 3 Dr Hatchback

It all started with the passenger side airbag light coming on; after that the heater stopped working, the power steering went, headlights have to be on for turn signals to work, the alternator dies, and then the battery dies.

The car has been in the shop four times over the space of 4 months.  In March the dealership replaced the alternator however the problems were not fixed.  The was driven for about three days and then the problems started again; the air bag light never did go off.  The car went back to the dealership in May because they kept cancelling the appointments.  The car has been back three times since may and the problems persist no matter what the dealership does.  

Has anyone else had this problem or have any idea on how to repair them?

Yarisalternatorsux
40

I've had similar problems with my '06 yaris. Started with alternator noise of bearings going, and lead to these same problems you listed. Replaced with another alternator, but the same problems (all warning ligths on, cannot shift out of park, no signal lights, no heater, no power steering, all recur occasionally) was told the first few times i replaced the alternator that there was no issue, but have finally been told by a toyota tech that all these problems are caused by corrosion due to poor engineering on these alternators. the affected alternators are for yaris up to and including 2008. The 2009 yaris alternator supposedly has had this corrected and will fit the older yaris. please respond to let me know what is going on with this issue for you now, as i am still trying to get it fixed and track down a 2009 alternator used. Jamie

aem
30

I'm having the same issues... I just replaced the battery, cause my light was on all the time recently after having it for 5 years now. Before replacing the battery, I thought it could be the starter going. But with the new battery, the car started up like new again, so I though the matter had been resolved. Today (5) days after replacing the battery, my light is once again stuck on. I 've always kept up on all my scheduled maintenance too, which makes it all the more depressing. I plan to take it down to the shop tomorrow to have the have alternator replaced. And here I thought I was buying a reliable "toyota" product...I have a 93' geo storm that ran better!

sleeper
30

I have an appointment on Thursday at the dealer for you guessed it "passenger side airbag light on " the knucklehead tried to tell me that it is supposed to be on and that it goes out when someone is in the seat. My 4 year extended warrenty is up soon!

aem
30

http://steampunkworkshop.com/toyota-yaris-battery-light-repair Hey Everyone, I recently came across this website while researching my toyota, figured I'd pass along the information for everyone else to see :) I'm going to have a friend try the "clean method" this weekend, I'll be sure to post my results....

Erin Bruch
55

I'm a toyota warranty admin. get copies of you what was done, call the customer service manager and get that person involved. the service manager or general manager should step in and get this fixed. or it would apossibly be eligable for a buy back.

cheapcar2007
20

my yaris 07 clear coat is pealing on the edge of the front & back windows, the side trim lines with the toyota logo are fading and breaking up. makes me upset, within a week of purchase the head light plastic lens were yellowing that's when I realize I had purchase a lemon.

Ron Staples
0

Wow I'm surprise that you have these issues., I bought mine used with 4k miles on it in 2008 (its a 2007) I've put close to 110k miles on it and maybe $2,750.00 in repair costs. Keep in mind that price includes several tires, drive belt, alternator, brakes and tuneup. Once I hit the 100k mark I had to replace a lot of things. The brakes lasted over 100k as well as the tune up. The car has been a perfect commuter car for me.

Karin9546
0

The clutch kit appears to have problems, I am aware of 3 individuals, who have had to replace the clutch kit. The vehicle simply looses all clutch control, even while driving, and then remains in nutral, regardless of where the gear lever is placed. Causing towing problems, and costs quoted up to R6500.00 to replace. Toyota head office stated that the wear and tear is expected, yet my Yaris is only 5 years old, with 49000km's on the clock. I am a 40 plus woman, who drives minimal km's, as I work from home. Thus the Yaris "wear and tear", can be expected in my opninion, on the clutch kit as well.

Karin9546
0

This yaris is a 2007 make, bought new from Toyota in December 2008. One driver only, and a secind driver for 1 month now. Toyota stated it was our driving method that caused the clutch to go. So basically, stating that older woman, who drive short distances, break the clutches. The car was never revved etc. as would be expected by a younger person. All three the incidents were on mature woman drivers, who have clear driving records. Total speeding fines over 17 years 2 at speeding of less than 20Km's over the limit.

misslindataylor123
0

I bought my Yaris in 2007, had Clutch line issues after only 3 months of having my car. The mechanic said it was fine and there was nothing wrong with it. He said it was my driving and that I do not give it enough revs!!! This was after I did a TEST drive for them and after he took it for a drive too. The mechanic said there was nothing wrong with it, that it didn't shutter. I told him it was way worse in reverse, he drove it a second time reversing up a hill. The car couldn't make it up the hill. So they finally replaced the clutch line. It is still not the easiest to drive. I have to give it way more revs than I should have to when starting. I too bought this car because Toyota vehicles are meant to be the most reliable cars. Have not been happy with this car at all, unfortunately I am stuck with it.

ksmith05
20

This is so weird. My 2007 yaris I got a year ago at 30k miles and now it's having issues. It's having trouble starting up and the engine makes gurggling, low humming noises when it's driven. The starting up issue is weird because when I turn the key there no noise whatsoever adn the dash lights come on but the engine doesnt make a sound. It takes about ten minutes of this and then the car slowly starts turning over. Some times it even makes a pronounces clicking noise. I have idea what's wrong with it. Some people have said alternator but that was checked at auto zone and they said it looked ok, it just sounded like the bearings were loose. Any suggestions help!!!