where do you check transmission fluid in a 2000 chevy cavalier

yvonne_1975
0

Asked by yvonne_1975 Mar 07, 2010 at 10:34 AM about the 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier LS

Jorj Winning
35

if it has the 4 speed tranny, you cant its a non serviceable tranny

12,885

wrong thats what they want you to think so u take it in and they make money. this is straight outta the chiltons book even with a pic Remove the oil check plug. The oil level should be at the bottom of the oil check hole. Because the transaxle operates correctly over a range of fluid levels, fluid may or may not drain out of the screw hole when the screw is removed. If fluid drains through the screw hole, the transaxle may have been overfilled. When fluid stops draining, then fluid level is correct and the check plug may be installed. If fluid does not drain through the screw hole, the transaxle fluid may have been low. Add fluid at the vent cap location in 1 pint increments until the oil level is at the bottom of the oil check hole. Install the oil check plug/fluid level screw and tighten to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).

12,885

open your hood and the fill vent cap should be on the drivers side towards the front on the top of the trans if u need a pic of this just ask and ill get one offa my fiances sunfire----- it should have a red color to it. lemme kno how it goes

Bill Belshe
60

Can you please send me a picture. My son just bought the car. I was looking to see if there was a way to check the fluid level. On the top about the middle I found that there is a hole with nothing in it. It is almost the size of a quarter and can see something that almost looks like a cable inside. Don't know what it is in the hole but I wondering if that is the hole you are talking about and they left the plug out and never re-installed it. Thank you

You think this is helpful.
Richard Crow
75

if it is a manual you have to put the plug on the side of the tranny and fill tell it comes out the hole sorry i dont have any pics