How do I get parts of porcelin , from a broken spark plug, out of the piston chamber.

cooldog551
0

Asked by cooldog551 Jun 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM about the 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Base

Atempting to remove sparkplug, it broke in socket. When I removed plug, parts of porcelin from thethe plug fell back into the hole and into the piston chamber.

Josh Raimer
45

My old shop teacher once started the car with the plug out and while it will run on only 3 cylinders it might blow the peice out of the plug hole. Just be careful.

Josh0718
115

If that or a long pair of tweezers doesn't work, you may have to take off the head

mtmonarch
195

Try to make some type of funnel or tube that is about the size of the plug hole, then attach a shop vac to it to try & suck it out of the cylinder

trip65

how much & how big were the pieces, if it was just tiny bits then cranking it will blow it out , if its chunks it will eventually crumble and blow out the exhaust.