what is wrong when your gauge cluster goes off?

dodgeman90
0

Asked by dodgeman90 Jan 22, 2013 at 07:00 AM about the 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4WD Quad Cab LB

Every once in a while my air bag light will come on and it will just go off and then come back on. It happens about every other week. When my air bag light will come one I will also loose all power to the gauge cluster and its starting to bother me because every mechanic I have brought it to cannot figure it out and I have also had it to couple dealers too and they either cant figure it out or it wont happen for them. If anyone has any information and any way to help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks

lesles
0

there is probably a short in the wiring somwere bettween the cluster and ur air bag try taking ur cluster out and moving the wires and see if it comes on

49,795

A short sometimes blows a fuse. Has the radio ever been changed? Any other modifications in the dash? It sounds like you might be losing the ground connection which would effect more than one circuit.

Dan Connell
4,975

I dont know if this truck is equipped with the Cummins or not, but if so its actually a problem with the ECM/PCM mounted on the drivers side of the engine block. If this is a Hemi truck then I dont really know.

Dan Connell
4,975

Also if this truck is equipped with the diesel, switching your key on and off 4 times, will flash any codes in the odometer section. Im sure theres a code in there that has to do with PCM/ECM voltage.

dodgeman90
0

tenspeed.... Yes the radio has been changed in it i put a double deck gps /dvd player in it but ive never had problems with that. and well there is other mods like aftermarket head lights that have leds in them and they were wired to the head light switch. This problem with the air bag light and loosing the gauges only happens when its cold out too...... once it gets below 30 thats when that starts acting up but when its above that it doesnt. This truck does have the hemi in it and I am also looking for a programmer for it too so if anyone has any ideas of good programmers for them let me know. The hemi just doesnt have enough power to handle 37 x12.5 coopers plus pull a trailer because i use it for hauling scrap iron alot so any ideas on either one of my situations