NO LOW BEAMS

bassward27
0

Asked by Feb 18, 2010 at 04:16 PM about the 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT LB

MY LOW BEAMS ON MY 2006 DODGE RAM PICKUP WILL NOT WORK. ONLY THE HIGH BEAMS WORK. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

mechanic66
380

I'm sure you already checked, the bulbs themselves, and the low beam fuses under the hood, and the plugs to the headlamps, along with the wires for corrsion ,or breaks, which only leaves 4 things let whick the dealer can verify with there star computer, 1] headlight switch 2] high beam/ multifultion switch colum , 3] body control module/computer under the dash, or 4] broken wire[ more than likely under the fuse relay box] but i'm pushing more toward to main switch for lights. assuming of course you already check the oveus

Curlos
20

Just want to say "THANKS" for the help.. Had the same problem and checked all the things you said and bingo,it was the switch. Thanks again for the help...

Saddletramp57
80

I have a 2004 Ram 1500 that either drivers side or passenger side low beam would go out. Dodge dealer replaced the FCM, and the light worked. Went out again and I replaced it. It worked for 3 months and then went out again. I pulled the FCM(the module that is plugged in to the fuse box assembly ) with the battery connected but the lights off, when I plugged the same module in it worked. When I screwed it down it quit working. When I unscrewed it, it worked. I shimmed up the bottom screws, remounted it and it WORKS. Hope this helps some one else. Saddletramp57

papa

change the dimer switch.

Kelly Lipsie Jr.
705

im assuming you got it fixed, but recently, my 96 dodge has been having the same problem, but the odd part is it is fixed if i tilt my steering wheel all the way up, all the way down or in the middle however make it so i only have high beams, luckily im a tall guy and can deal with the wheel all the way up, does anyone else have this problem?

J_rod450r
55

I have a 2001 ran 1500 that has only high beams and the low beams come on if I move the tilt up and down. I think its in the high beam switch. I will work on it tomorrow.

bellefontebill
120

I just fixed this same problem on my truck. On the turn signal multi-function switch there was a wire broken off at the terminal. The wire was the dimmer switch low beam output. Please see attached). I believe that people like myself who constantly move the steering column up and down are putting wear on Dodges poor wiring harness design.

Rodney Jeanes
40

I had a problem with my 2004 Ram passenger headlamp out on low beams. After checking everything else I determined it was the FCM. Replaced it with a used one that worked great for a year then same problem. Read the above post and pulled the FCM with battery still connected. Reinstalled same FCM without screwing down. Lights worked perfectly. So I shimmed the button screws and retighten the top. Then the drivers side low beam didn't work. I then shimmed all 4 screws. Everything is working now.

Smooth Rolo
200

My 06 dodge ram has the driver side headlight is out but the bulb is fine I bought new ones and it still don't work what could be my problem

Don Spurlock
30

Fcm switch

RiverratRob
20

I'm having the same problem with my '98 1500 but it's melting the headlights switch connection that comes off the wiring harness to the main switch any suggestions...

krazykat66
20

04 ram 1500>no low beam>lamp out light on dash.Both bulbs are good.After reading the forums on head light issues i pulled the FCM.Took it to the dealer..a $469.00 quote for the part alone!!Kinda pissed went home..found the exact one on ebay$179.00..hmm..risky..grabbed the old FCM..plugged it back in..did not screw it back on..just hand push..and the low beams are working again..

Robert Goff
40

What are you guys shimming the fcm with

Qsilver
270

Where is this FCM you speak of?

Thegriz63
170

I have a 2004 Ram 1500 Quad Cab.. same same, no low beam passenger side, r&r'd the bulb, still no work, so I did the power off reset with shims and without, no work, so I tried the power on reset, it worked, have no shims in at the moment see how long that lasts

Thegriz63
170

Qsilver it is on the fender side of the fuse box, there is a youtube video that is helpful

Romero213
20

Got the same problem with ma dodge ram 1500 2006 my passenger side headlight dont work yellow lights dont either only turn signal when turning but when i turn high beams on both headlights work cant find tha problem any advice or help??!

Bigrich65Bigrich65
0

Outstanding! The shims worked! I loosened the screws and slipped in some shim material ( about .040") snugged it down and both headlights work. Now I want to know why this works; dodge is making a fortune off this electrical glitch.

Hudd769
0

I tried this worked for the headlights but now the truck won't turn over at all....is it the shims I'm lost it started and ran perfect before hand

THECNL1
0

I HAVE A 2001 DOGE RAM 1500 PICKUP AND OVER THE PAST YEAR OR SO THE HEADLIGHT/DIMMER SWITCH HEATS UP AND LATELY I CAN SMELL AN ELECTRONIC SMELL LIKE SOMETHING HEATING UP. HEADLIGHT AND DIMMER SWITCH ASSEMBLY WE REPLACED TWICE(SHOP ONCE LAST TIME...SAID THAT WAS THE PROBLEM BUT WASNT). HOW DO YOU FIX THIS PROBLEM AS I HAVE READ IT IS THE WIRING HARNESS TO THE SWITCH....A COMMON PROBLEM FOR THAT YEAR MODEL?

Vanessa Wood
0

Just fixed my headlight problem by "shimming" the FCM screw on the top right corner with a nut. So excited to have headlights again. Yeay for forums!!