im having a hard time with my electrics on my 01 tracker.

Matty Protano
185

Asked by Matty May 26, 2012 at 01:19 AM about the 2001 Chevrolet Tracker Base 4WD Convertible

the battery keep burning out and stranding me. its done this twice. i pulled out the fuse for dome light and radio and still the problem progresses. it has a new alternator. the battery only burns when it is on tho. i cant put much more money into this car.it only has 100,000 mi on it. any body know what i can do to fix it?

Tanvir Alam
45

burns out if you mean the battery gets empty then here is then i suggest you check for leaks, first is your battery big enough to hold a 4x4 ? cause BIG cars = BIG batteries check for brake lights , chevy tends to have brake light issues ( even after car is turned off the light remains on) and any other lights if you have a sound system disconnect the fuse if nothing helps take out the battery terminal the (+) one every time you switch off your car best option an electrician would tell you

Matty Protano
185

did all that no help :\

Tanvir Alam
45

then i think its time you go get your baby checked up

Matty Protano
185

I guess so..:\

Matty Protano
185

i found out it was the harmonic balancer.

Tanvir Alam
45

wow i wouldn't have figured that out