Red security light on dash is blinking and engine won't start or even turn over.

luckylarry13
10

Asked by luckylarry13 Jun 17, 2013 at 05:26 PM about the 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT Quad Cab SB

It is a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 w/ Hemi engine.  I drove truck home and turned it off.  Came back out about 15min later and the red light was blinking and engine would do nothing.  Thought it probably was battery but battery good but voltage when I turn key on goes to approx 9.3volts and clinking appears to be coming from under intake cover.  When the clinking starts the voltage goes from 9.3 to almost 13volts.  Items that display on dash go on and off but primarily are off.  I'm thinking it may have something to do with the security system as I believe the red light on dash is part of that.  I may be wrong about light but I don't remember it ever coming on before.  Any thoughts or ideas on possible problem.
Larry

luckylarry13
10

It was a defective battery but led me on a merry chase.