I have got a problem with my fog lights not coming on , checked the 15 amp fuse in the relay box underneath the hood and it was good, need to know how to go about fixing the problem

mopar99
35

Asked by mopar99 Jul 15, 2007 at 07:54 PM about the 1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4 Dr Laramie SLT 4WD Extended Cab LB

My fog lights that are factory installed that i supposed came with the truck are not coming on at all, about a couple of months ago i replaced the driver's side fog light bulb and about a year before that i replaced it, checked the fuse that is in the relay box underneath the hood and it is not bad, need to know what to do.

23,755

Sounds like a wiring issue to me. You may have wiring that is corroded or has been damaged by small animal intervention (i.e. chewed). Examine any visible wiring and continuity test long sections of the wiring wherever possible. Sockets could also be bad or the switch. Continuity test the switch and sockets to see if they are defective.