I'm not getting enough power to blower motor or heating controls

Ryan Thozeski
10

Asked by Ryan Mar 04, 2013 at 06:31 PM about the 2006 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB

We took the center part of the dash with the heating controls out and put one from the exact same
truck and it wouldn't work. We switched blower motors too low power.  Checked fuses, relays. The
stater switch isn't checking enough power either to see if its bad. Stumped

judge_roy

did you apply 12 V to the replacement unit to make sure it's not a dud? take a look at the connector going to this and with your multi-meter look for voltages at probably the red wire and ground on green or black- will tell you if the unit is getting power.

45,905

Blower motors speed is controlled through a resistor. Check the voltage to the blower motor with the switch on high speed - it should be 12 volts.

Best Answer
7jimmy7
9,645

accessory wire at battery may need cleaned or fuseable link if equiped with may have blown,battery area

Ryan Thozeski
10

I appreciate everyone's feedback it's was that resistor, thanks