1997's headlights turn off & on with a buzzing in the glove box.

n_22man
25

Asked by n_22man Aug 11, 2011 at 01:45 PM about the 1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer 2 Dr STD 4WD SUV

So i start the truck, DRL come on everythings fine...  When i turn the headlights on, one of the three relays in the glove box make a loud buzz/ticking noise.  After a few minutes, headlights turn off and DTRL engage. I pulled far right relay to find DTRL dont come on but the green lamp on dash flashes when i turned on HL switch. Now the truck has a dead battery and speedo needle jumps to ~60mph and radio cuts out when on brake pedal. Let me know what you think, THX.

Denis Montreuil
5

check for corroded or burnt terminals had that problem on my 91