how do I reset security fuel shut off on my 2000 s-10

robbyd714
20

Asked by robbyd714 Feb 01, 2011 at 05:22 AM about the 2000 Chevrolet S-10 2 Dr LS 4WD Extended Cab SB

Logan Harding
195

here's what i found: 1.Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF. 2.Observe the Security telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn off. 3.Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds. 4.Repeat steps 1-3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes. Important: The vehicle theft deterrent system learns the key transponder information on the ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle. 5.Start the vehicle. The vehicle has now learned the key transponder information and the PCM has now learned the fuel continue password. supposedly, that'll reset the whole alarm system. should work from there. have fun with that!

larry92019
80

Mine resets for about a week and then does it again. Gets to be a pain in the butt.