I had to re[place the ignition lock cylinder on my daughters 2001 chevy cavalier not the anti theft system wont allow the car to run. What should i do at this point

que4real
0

Asked by que4real Aug 30, 2012 at 11:07 PM about the 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Base

12,765

straight out of chiltons. 30-Minute Learn Procedure 1 Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF. 2 Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON. The vehicle will not start. 3 Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF. 4 Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds. 5 Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes. The vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. -------------------------------------- NOTE--------------------------------------- The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 6 Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password. 7 With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles. i have posted this procedure on many other questions as well. http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-d475_ds505015#msg150868