How do you check transmission fluid on a 2001 chevy cavalier? I have had my car 10 yrs. still have not found a dip stix. My manual states it does not use transmission fluid but needs it.

ladywhitecloud
0

Asked by ladywhitecloud Dec 20, 2011 at 02:21 AM about the 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Base

I am very curios as to how to check the transmission fluid on a 2001 chevy cavalier. I have had my car since 2001 and still have not found anywhere to check the fluid or fill it. My manuel states that a mechanic needs to check the fluid. It states that the car does not use the fluid but needs it in there.

Jonathan Furse
1,645

Is it a standard by chance?

Donald Neilson
105

on the top of ur tranny the is a cencor called (speed censor) well un plugg the wire thats hooked up to it then there a 10 mil bolt that holds it onto the tranny take that out and carefully wiggle it out and ull have to stick ur finger or something in to the hole but that how i did it on my sunfire and there the same car perty much same motor and tranny try that and if that dont work i dont know what to tell ya..