Why has the cigarette lighter suddenly stopped working. I use it to charge my phone. Could it be a fuse, or ? Thank you.

Alaya Ketani
60

Asked by Alaya Oct 30, 2013 at 09:08 PM about the 2001 Honda CR-V LX AWD

Have been running a portable cd player through that plug also, in case that matters.

Alaya Ketani
60

Thank you so much. What is a pigtail, and where do I find that fuse? Can I access it or do I need to pay a shop? I don't have a manual for the car. Appreciatively ~ Alaya

judge_roy

okay, here's the gig (and I just discovered it) there's a panel at the base of the steering column...the fuse is in a round "goodie" regardez~

judge_roy

this is confusing~

judge_roy

15 Amps seems to little to ignite an element cherry red....bet the other one is much larger like 25 or 30~

Alaya Ketani
60

So you're saying that the fuse is located in the box under the steering column (good because the cigar lighter is out, thus I've been plugging other things in). And it's either 15A or 18? Correct? And it should show the wires broken or glass tainted. Yes? Thx so much.

Alaya Ketani
60

And since you're so good at this, once you've confirmed I have another. I pulled into a bank parking lot where they were restriping parking. It was not blocked off, and my car got the white paint on it. The detail shop can get it off the sides with lacquer thinner, but the tires and wheel wells have it and they can't remove it there. Ideas? (Geesh, I spoke with the bank manager about it, he took a report and pictures and is now avoiding my calls.)

judge_roy

whoa...that's tough...but as I have stated when My prized '59 catalina with 86,000 miles on it was crumpled in a blind intersection downtown Milwaukee...point is these things become vulnerable from the moment we start using them "on the road"~ you know this is going to be a Blade type fuse with the number of the amperage on the backside~

Alaya Ketani
60

So it is one of those two fuses in that box?

judge_roy

DO not use any kind of volatile paint remover...use Dawn takes grease out of your way on a rag~ perhaps a little isopropyl alcohol...better still have the guys who put it there remove it...it cannot be denied...they haven't a leg to stand on (so to speak)~

Alaya Ketani
60

The detailers tried abit of that lacquer remover, but I'm not having them do it until the responsible parties take responsibility . And what about the tires and other parts? I feel that if I have to hire a lawyer, he/she will ask for a whole new paint job, new tires, and more. Just to pay his wage. And I'll stand behind it. This devalues the resale value. I'm guessing I haven't heard from the bank these last 48 hours because they are determining who is responsible. I'm headed over tomorrow on my day off to find out what they are waiting for. So you haven't confirmed the fuse question?! Yes, one of those two on the diagram you sent? Thx.

judge_roy

....see the call out is 15A....I knew this was wrong...a Green fuse is 30A...this is the one that you need to change...fuse number 18~

Alaya Ketani
60

Okay. Fuse Number 18 in the box behind the steering column. Will do. Thank you very much.

judge_roy

you know I misinterpreted the blow-up of the twisty deal to be a fuse location...dammit, I was a draftsman for at least 15 years and I can't read a friggin' drawing?~~not wearing my thinking cap today~

judge_roy

thank you Alaya, you've been most patient....do not "go after them"...mistakes can happen...if you wanted to you could probably track who was operating the painter that day and make him pay for his irresponsible work....that would make a difference~

judge_roy

this is like....such an easy job....do not listen to the preliminary fuse description....look at the device is going to need a 30A green fuse....easy to undo the 1/2 rotation knobs and track 18...pull out the fuse (may need a small needlenose pliers)....a tool is in one of the spots (probably)~ slide the old out..the new in...it would take four minutes~

Best Answer
Alaya Ketani
60

Got it!

judge_roy

A sandblaster will clean up the rubber tires without causing harm~