looking for the map sensor on a 2006 ford taurus

wildcat230
0

Asked by wildcat230 Feb 28, 2013 at 01:46 PM about the 2006 Ford Taurus SE

my 06 taurus is jerking when i push the gas petal. i replaced the catylic converter. it also has a hard start and a light smell of gas.

judge_roy

this mechanic is too pleased with his new analysis goodies, that he forgot what he was there for-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgrev4WOL_k

judge_roy

...my lordy, on top of the EGR valve....what a match made in hades.

14,215

it doesnt have a MAP sensor. it only has a mass air flow sensor which is in the intake piping.

judge_roy

...so we're looking at what...a splurge of four different critters which if tested with a tester would tell you their running state, and if they are deficient and 'off the charts' and need to be replaced.

14,215

i was just trying to answer the question asked. they said they were looking for a map sensor and the correct resposne to that is this vehicle does not have one. i cant think of a ford that does off the top of my head.

judge_roy

okay Brother, will defer. I also just want to help...and have been of a mind to just keep replacing anything with a junkyard piece from pickNpull, but my days of doing that now are over....gettin' too old and have MS now~ thus is not an educated solution...so you go on then~

14,215

its hell gettin old

judge_roy

the solution to the gas smell, and poor performance is to change____?

judge_roy

lookin for wildcat230 to step in with more info, please-

14,215

Dang bob you dont listen to a thing I type lol. It has a DPFE sensor for EGR operation it does not have a MAP sensor. I repeat it does not have a Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor. this person will spend hours looking for this mythical sensor and never find it. I do not know what is wrong with this particular vehicle but I can tell you it does not have that sensor. I dont wanna sit here and go back and forth I'm just trying to give correct information.

judge_roy

here's how to test the MAF~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goxRsNtY8DM

judge_roy

you know kbro you might explain to those of us what a DPFE, and it's not kinky. Differential Pressure Feedback Egr....whew, an explaination finally-so they thought why not combine these functions....typical ford move.