I have a 2002 trailblazer LTZ. with two issues

galloway
0

Asked by galloway Oct 31, 2012 at 07:39 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD

I have a 2002 trailblazer LTZ.  I’m have two issues. #1 climate control. I have the heater on almost to 90 to keep it blowing hot. As soon as I turn it down in get cold. What’s seems to be the problem? #2 My wipers pause and jump at the intermitting settings. Is the motor going bad? Are both these issues relays?

19,885

The climate control automatic?

galloway
0

You can switch between auto and defrost. But it still does it on any setting

19,885

Is it digital? The coldest setting is like 60 or 65 and when you turn it hotter it jumps 5 degrees then goes up in 1° increments till you hit 85 then it jumps to 90? If setting it to its hottest setting makes it blow good hot air then I would have to guess the digital thermometer is broken. Setting it to auto 85° is causing it to cool because the controller is reading its hotter than 85 in the vehicle so it automatically tries to cool it. I would have to assume the thermostat is inside the control unit but I'm not certain on that.

19,885

Also I don't think they are related although anything is a possibility.

Ann3406
0

My 2002 LTZ is doing the same thing with heat. My wipers also jump and cut out. I was told that it was a problem with that year vehicle from the start that GM refuses to acknowledge along with a TCCM computer module that quits at 60,000 and a GM evaporations emission system flow on non purge GM code P 1441. I read that GM was replacing the lines/gastanks on some vehicles before they reached a certain mileage or before 12/11. My dealer kept pushing me out the door even though you could smell gas with the engine turned off. Hence GM side stepped fixing the vehicle. I heard that 2002 was the first year for the trailblazer and most are lemons that GM will not recall. I purchased mine 2 years ago for top dollar, have put 3,000 into it and am disgusted. The vehicle now slips from a stop on acceleration and the transmssion shop said the transfer case?? may be going. It has 94,000 I am sorry but I will never buy another trailblazer.

Ann3406
0

I had enough of the GM garages charging me to say hello, then the best they could do was tell me to trade it in. I took it to a local shop and the control panel is shot. Best guess on a holiday weekend is $800 + labor. A used panel or OEM may be available.