I have a 2002 Chevy Tracker Lt and I have a question?

madwike
5

Asked by madwike Jun 13, 2012 at 12:13 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Tracker LT 4WD

I have a 2002 Chevy Tracker LT and I bought this used and there is no owner's manual and I was looking down at the floor on the drivers side and stepped on the brake pedal there is a black box mounted and a little red light comes on everytime I step on the brake pedal.  There is also a knob almost like a volume button that says (Gain) what is this for?  Thanks for your help

Matty Protano
145

did you buy this car from a kid? because it sounds like a bass gain knob of some sort, or maybe a treble knob. it might be hooked to an amplifier or something. in a completly stock tracker there is no such this as a little black box on the driver side. kids usually put their little amp hook ups there, hope i can be help!

David Martinez
10

it has an aftermarket brake system either from it being towed behind a RV or for the controls of the brakes for pulling a trailer