took my 2002 Chevy Tracker in for oil change and plug is so rusted it cannot be removed, what costs am I looking at if plug cannot be removed?

kb2u
10

Asked by kb2u May 25, 2011 at 11:39 AM about the 2002 Chevrolet Tracker Base 4WD

buccaneerz89
1,015

Hmmm you cant get a vicegrip on it? If you cant do that the only other way would be to take the oil pan completely off and then try and to get on it from inside the pan.

kb2u
10

Thanks for the response... I was told the plug was too rusted ~ they even put lubricant on it and told me that might help to have it soak in for a couple days, when I returned with my tracker a couple days later they still couldn't remove plug... I was then advised to take my car to dealership, I'm hoping they will have better methods than the little shop I had gone for the oil change. I am worried that a little rusted plug will end up costing me a fortune

buccaneerz89
1,015

Ya it's pretty odd for what year your car is and the plug is rusted that bad, unless they stripped the head off the bolt like idiots.