engine surge at idle speed

meathead
0

Asked by meathead Apr 22, 2010 at 08:35 AM about the 1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4 Dr XL Crew Cab SB

My Triton V10 started surging at idle speed whether in park or neutral but worse in gear. Could it be the MAF sensor or an O2 sensor?

bigblack
25

i just went through this with my 2000 f250 CC Sb with a v10. i changed both o2 sensors and then cleaned the maf sensor, still happened. it was the idle air control valve- IAC- which is located on the back of the throttle body. hard to get to but simple and fairly cheap to replace...2 bolts. just be careful not 2 tear the gasket. also check your pcv hose assembly under the throttle body cuz they will have a crack in them and its not seen easily. hope this helps.

fordno1
5

smooths out at high speed than starts sputtering at that speed change plugs and check coils there good missies in park and worse when put it in drive or reverse