All my windows quit working and none of the switches on any of the doors work either. I checked the fuse and it is good. Haven't changed out the 5 button main on the drivers side door yet.

donkirby
0

Asked by donkirby Aug 14, 2014 at 06:24 PM about the 2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB

My mechanic changed out the main switch on the drivers door but still not the problem.
My drivers side window is down and need to get it up at least. Can I do that manually?

OJ
6,770

The window cannot be moved to the up position without removing the inner door panel and disconnecting the mechanicals inside the door. If you are reasonably confortable working with electricity, determine which electrical connections control the drivers side door. Apply twelve volts to the positive lead for that window, this should energize that one window. Use the toggle switch to move the window up. Make sure you do not already have twelve volts present by using a volt meter.

donkirby
0

Now the windows are working. I went for 3 days with nothing working at all to now everything is fine. I did close the door today and noticed nothing worked again. Then I stopped, got out and closed the door again and everything worked. This is confusing. Sounds like a loose connection somewhere in the door maybe?

OJ
6,770

If all the windows are working now the problem is most likely a bad connection or ground connection either in the drivers side door or in the wiring supplying power to the drivers side. In most vehicles power is supplied to the drivers side door and it humps to the other doors from there.