Is it one or more fuses, the computer, or something else in 2002 Chevy Impala?

JoAnn Phillips
0

Asked by JoAnn Jul 06, 2013 at 07:23 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Impala LS

All of a sudden, the Security light came on my 2002 Chevy Impala.  The manual says it's the pass lock system or possibly a fuse.  I'm thinking it may be more than one fuse, because I'm seeing the following problems at the exact time:  1) fog lights don't work, 2) headlights no longer come on automatically, 3) remote keyless entry no longer works - have to lock and unlock the car with the key - replaced the battery in the remote to no avail.  The car starts just fine.  I noticed in other posts people couldn't get the car to start, so this is not my problem with the Security light.  Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing these simultaneous problems?  Thanks!

22,805

Look for a fuse labeled BCM (Body Control Module). The BCM controls all the features you've mentioned. I'd start there first. Also, go into the "menu" on the radio. I hope you didn't put in an aftermarket radio. See if you can set up your personal settings such as lights and alarm system settings. If you can, that's where it is done. Through the radio. HTH. -Jim

Jo_jo45
25

JoAnn did you ever find out the problem on your 2002 Impala. I had the same thing happen today. I haven't yet checked the BCM fuse, but checked all other fuses, will check it tomorrow.

Luis4937
0

We're is bc diesel on 2002 impala