how can i bypass the security system on my 2002 impala

lsimons
0

Asked by lsimons Mar 31, 2012 at 08:48 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Impala LS

my security light came on and stayed on but my car ran fine but then the light went back off after months and now my car won't start period is there any way i can bypass the security

Matt Neveu
35

Try getting a new key made I had same problem.

Nathaniel Warner
85

I've heard it can be a few things: key, ignition cylinder, bcm. It's something to do with the PASSLOCK. I installed an aftermarket remote start system with a security bypass module and I haven't had any troubles with mine since. This procedure used to help some of the times my car wouldn't start: Turn key to off Turn key to on (do not try to start the car Just on) Security light should be flashing After 10 minutes, turn key to off for 5 seconds during the 10 minutes, do not open any doors. Turn key to on for 2 seconds Start car

59,085

"How to fix it" from Grand Am Owners Club - http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139899

02impalafast
0

no fuses or bcm or keys. i have 3 diff keys for my 02 impal it is a valet safety that happens ... so the car doesnt start, like above u turn the car off for 5 sec turn back to on for ten sec without starting then start... all with the doors shut.

02impalafast
0

also if the security comes on while driving . I stop ,put in park, turn the car off , take the keys out, get out after locking the doors, shut the doors. unlock the driver door with the key then the rest of the doors with the driver door button from the inside before i get in the car and shut the door.... works every time.