i have had my alternator tested and it passed all three test and i also replaced battery cables and my battery light still comes on. What do you think the problem is?

Kim Endsley
0

Asked by Kim Mar 21, 2014 at 05:56 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport

forcefed38
0

could be a few things,but a competent mechanic should be able to diagnose/fix,I'm not sure if the pcm would turn it on in that year,if not though,the light is powered when you turn the key on w/ (+) likewise the alternator feeds the other side of the bulb w/(+) which will not light the bulb,once the alternator fails,it no longer puts out the (+) and the key (+) continues to ground(-) completing the circuit and the light comes on. so if your sure the alternators good(putting out at least 13.6 volts D/C) then maybe the battery is weak and drawing too much from the alternator