How do I remove a 2002 2.4 cavalier engine? Can I remove the manual transaxle an d pull the motor separetly?

Kirk
0

Asked by Kirk Jan 19, 2007 at 08:59 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Coupe

I am having trouble with the exhaust camshaft in a 2.4 litre cavalier. It makes a loud tap when the engine warms up. I can't seem to get the timing cover off. My book (haynes) doesn't give enough detail so I'm thinking about pulling the engine. I'd like to pull it and leave the manual transaxle in the car. Is this possible?

12,745

Hello, Here is a web site that could help: http://www.3geez.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-7316.html Best of luck! CarGrrl

Best Answer
Anonymous
0

I worked on many cavaliers in racing them and found that it is much easier t pull the transaxle and motor together and then seperate them int he shop. Putting it back in is were yo will save all the time. engaging the clutch putting it in is a real chore. TrUST ME IVE DONE IT BOTH WAYs,PULL THEM BOTH OUT!