Ignition switch won't turn, locked up

RSlusser57
0

Asked by RSlusser57 Jul 28, 2010 at 06:28 PM about the 1998 Ford F-150 XLT 4WD LB

I've been having some difficulty my 4wd truck is stuck in 4 low and can't get it out. I reset the computer with my OBD 2 reader and it seems to be running better as long as I stay out of overdrive. Discovered a new problem the key won't turn in the ignition. I tried everything like trying to turn the steering wheel, adjust the key to see if will move. The whole steering column is froze up. I just don't know if its related to my transmission or what's going on. Any information would be beneficial.

papa

sounds like the tumblers in the switch have fallen,time for a new key switch.as for being stuck in 4 low,you may need to take it to a tranny shop,sounds like something is wrong in the transfer case,dont try to force it out of 4 low.