my car is over heating

Qaz
0

Asked by Qaz Nov 08, 2012 at 10:17 AM about the 2003 Chevrolet Venture Base

I have a Chev Venture 03. it is overheating. the tep gauge went upto the end. but now its fluctuating,
goes up and then comes back. Any suggextions what it could be. the car is running fine.

joef
3,995

Most likely there is air in the cooling system or it could be a bad thermostat.... Your temperature gauge could also be malfunctioning from a bad ground -- Happens allot! Try to purge your cooling system of air or bring it to a mechanic that gives free diagnostics and ask what is going on.

gearhead8
175

1)Check your fluid level. 2)make sure fans are coming on. Follow up with your answers. Does the gauge go do while driving, then up at still idle?

Keegan Martin
335

head gaskets

Andrew Strong
265

I had a similar problem.. turns out it was my gauges.. the stepper motor that moves the needle went bad.. I sent it out to have it repaired no problems since.. www.gaugepegged.com

Mksboysal
0

Engine Over heating problem often caused by number of problems: 1- Coolant leaking, (drained coolant fluid) 2- Engine coolant thermostat shut closed. Not working. 3- Clocked catalytic converter!!!