I HAVE A 2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER LTZ AND IT ACTS LIKE IT WANTS TO SHUT OFF WHEN YOU TURN SLOWLY OR WHEN YOU FIRST DRIVE OFF FROM BEING IN PARK, CUOLD THAT BE SIGNS OF FUEL LINE GOING BAD AND IS IT EXSPENSIVE TO FIX?

rsissexy
0

Asked by rsissexy Oct 29, 2012 at 11:00 AM about the 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD

When truck is first started up in the morning it makes a loud noise and if it doesn't warm up for at least 25 minutes it rides rough.  I have had a tune up, oil change, and coils changed.  I don't know what else to do or what is wrong.  And my check engine light has been on for almost a month and my mechanic says its the gas cap, help me please.

DavidH25

Emissions standards dictate that the check engine light will come on if the gas cap is off or loose, get a new one. And fuel filter maybe, but not the fuel line itself. It should not take anywhere near 25 minutes to warm up, not even close, more like 5. And you should be able to start it and drive without waiting for it to warm up, unless it's 40below or something and all that is for is your comfort