after replacing oil filter on 1997 ford econoline v-8 150 elite van oil is still leaking around top of filter what could be the problem

levert1
0

Asked by levert1 Mar 19, 2013 at 03:10 PM about the 1997 Ford E-150 STD Econoline

burgrat
65

well sometimes the old rubber washer from the old oil filter sticks to the engine block. If you didnt make sure it came off you might have put the new filter over the old washer.

judge_roy

take it off, catch the dripping oil on a rag. remove the second maddonna bracelet, put 'er back and clean with a rag to assure there are no more drips-

45,665

X3 for the easy answer. Double rubber gaskets leak every time. --- When I change a canister type filter, I touch the new gasket to the old gasket to spread some oil on it for lubrication.