Is a Pioneer Stereo system an opinion or is it custom?

Brent Miller
35

Asked by Brent Jun 24, 2008 at 10:52 PM about the 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4 Dr STD 4WD Crew Cab SB

Steven Phillips
255

more than likely custom, never heard pioneer having a contract with ford for stereo equipment

Timothy Neufarth
55

steven is correct pioneer does not contract with ford or volvo but alpine does

Dave Wilson
165

not sure if it's an opinion but it's not an option.

A Facebook user
25

Ford put pioneer 6 disc in dash cd players in sport trac adrenalin. Also the speakers were pioneer and a subwoofer under the driver side back seat. Not sure of the year but, that is a fact.

Wayne Foy
575

The 2004 Sport Trac adrenalin has the upgraded Pioneer 6 disc in dash with 6x8 door speakers front and rear. The sub was stock Ford 8" audiophile with about a 100 watt amp. Ford used Pioneer upgraded or "option" head units from 2002-2004, as far as a "Contract", I dont work for Ford so I dont know. I own a 2004 Adrenalin, thus I know the answer :)

Andy Calhoun
0

Funny... The stock nav unit in my '07 has a big Pioneer sticker on it...

Wayne Foy
575

Dammit bro, now I gotta go back and edit my post. F'er, lol :) I knew you would follow me over here.

Thunderchicken78
15

Acording to my 2003 sport tracks owners manual there was a optional pioneer six disk changer, silver in color. It came with the premium sound and said pioneer on the face plate.

starry_nght
40

my 2002 Explorer Sports Trac came with Pioneer 6 disk changer also. But now the CD player has broken...any Ideas? starry_nght

Thunderchicken78
15

Sounds like It's time to get a new after market head unit. I replaced mine with a Kenwood mp3 / CD playerbwith a extra out put option. Works great but rear radio controls won't work any more or find a replacement on line.

mmagr88
10

Greetings, i purchased a kenwood dnx6190 for my 2004 sport trac adrenaline truck, but seem to be having issues connecting the subwoofer and amplifier to the unit, i have my rear speakers connecting to the correct wires but i get no sound out of the rear speakers, has anyone come across this problem and if so what did you do to fix it. thanks