2003 suburban ran out of gas and refueled and wont start now. engine wont turn just one click and radio does'nt work but lights, alarm, do work

tanner2112
25

Asked by tanner2112 Apr 20, 2007 at 01:22 PM about the 2003 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500

ran out of gas and refueled, and wont start now. engine does'nt turn
just one click sound gauges dont work radio dont work, but lights and alarm etc do work

98DAK
1,645

# 1 - even if the lights are working, there isnt enough power to crank that big V8. Charge the battery #2 - If it cranks and doesnt start after the battery is charged, look in the back of the truck for a fuel pump reset switch

Kerry Stauffer
20

I am having the same problem... did you ever find the solution?

jjlm
0

had the same problem with my 2004 to get it to start we smacked the tank with a 2x4 to clear the fuel line just to get it home. But ultmatly had to change out the fuel pump. the pump was cheap but had to have three guys and two jacks to lower the tank. good luck

Kerry Stauffer
20

yes... I too had to replace the fuel pump. I drifted about a mile while out of gas and had left the key on which I understand required the fuel pump to try and keep pumping. As far as not cranking, the mechanic said I had blown a fuse as well...??? Not sure about that b/c I thought I had checked most of them.

jjlm
0

auto parts store told me that fuse is in the pump its self. may be mistaken. but the pump has a warrenty on it most likely. you might check the pump that is on the fuel line its self. its located almost under the drivers seat on the under carage of the truck. you may also have to flush the gass line and check the gas pressure on the carborator/fuel injectors. hopefully you will find the problem

BIGNILLA
0

I assure you there is NO FUSE in the pump itself