How much should I sell my 2003 Cavalier for?

AndieJo
0

Asked by AndieJo Oct 31, 2012 at 02:55 PM about the 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Base

My '03 cavalier recently died - the timing chain broke and wrecked the engine, so both would need to be replaced for the car to be driveable.  Plus, the instrument cluster doesn't function properly.  Other than that, there are no issues that I know of.  It was totalled in an accident earlier this year, but fully repaired and structurally sound - frame is good.  It has 175000 miles, minimal rust, brand new alternator, 2 tires less than a year old, other two are about 2 years old.  Original, unused air bags, brand new rear bumber cover and tail lights, and one good head light.  I was offered $475 by a salvage yard.  Is that a fair price, or could I get more selling it to a private buyer for a parts car?

12,935

Do you live in the U.S.? Near chicago

AndieJo
0

I live near Milwaukee, wi

12,935

That's a bit of a drive. I would suggest Craig's list. Leave it there for a little bit and if nothing turns up junk yard. It will cost money to get it to a junkyard and if you can get someone to pay 500 and pick it up I see that as a plus.

Timothy Gigliotti
0

The junk yards will pick it up. But they won't give you the 500 dollars you can get if you tow it there yourself. ( Use a stiff hitch . there's a big fine if you use a chain or tow strap and get caught)