Has anyone used the gatorback coatings to repair the faded plastic on their avalanche? If so how did you apply it and how did it come out?

David Scott
335

Asked by David Apr 19, 2012 at 02:37 PM about the 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 4 Dr 1500 4WD Crew Cab SB

Has anyone used the gatorback coatings to repair the faded plastic on their avalanche?  If so how did you apply it and how did it
come out?   I've been looking at getting it from Gatorbackcoatings.com but figured i'd try to see if anyone has done this.

James Chadek
305

I have used Mothers Back to Black and was please but I found Lucas Oil Tire and Plastic spray lasts better and is not as shiny. Gatorback coating samples lead me to believe it would be too thick and hard to apply. I have seen them sanded and painted.

Levi Lyons
5

I used spray on bed liner in a can from Walmart cheap last long sticks good

blackhawk7
40

gatorback coatings is awesome. I used the black aerosol on my '02 blue avalanche with grey cladding . it makes the truck look like a 2013 model. downside is when it gets scratched the gray shows thru, but I like the new look.

Best Answer
Turfrep
0

We just used Gatorback on a 2001 Jeep Cherokee. The bumpers and molding were faded so bad, almost white. We applied the product and the Jeep looks new again. Great product. I suggest you call Neil about the prep work. He was extremely helpful.

blackhawk7
40

I followed the gator back coatings instructions. Washed everything dried it all and then used their cleaner before spraying on the coating from the aerosol cans. Prep work is very important I spent 4-6 hours masking everything off. But it is well worth it. My kids say people look at the truck now. Probably because it used to be blue with grey cladding and now it's blue with the black cladding. A striking difference. Gator back In my opinion is the only way to go.