Why won't my car start

cmesmile03
25

Asked by cmesmile03 Aug 21, 2012 at 06:28 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS

I have a 2004 trailblazer. I have power when the ignition is in off mode but when I try to crank it everything turns off
and has no power and won't start. What's wrong

68,365

Sounds like the battery has no charge left. Did you check the voltage? How old is the battery?

Best Answer
4,785

Check connections to battery. Make sure there isnt any fluid build up on surface of battery. If battery is low charge it and try again. The starter takes the most effort from the battery so it is possible to have power on before hitting the key over to start.

cmesmile03
25

It ended up being a bad battery.. I was told I may need to replace the starter once it gets closer to winter?? Idk, I'm just glad to be back on the road. I just put a new transmission in it last month. Thanks :)