anti freeze

f2004
20

Asked by f2004 Dec 24, 2008 at 08:58 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS

what type of anti freeze is recomended for 2004 tb

Alex King
665

Im sure a simple 5050 mix found at any canadian tire or walmart will be fine... prestone... in the yellow jug ... you gotta get the good stuff hahahahahahaha....

f2004
20

the product thats in the rad right now is orange,pink in colour. Prestone is green in colour, would adding prestone to the mix create a problem?

Rich McClure
125

GM Dex-cool red in color

Wade Preece
115

Dekcool is orange in color and Prestone does make a coolant that is compatiable with all typs of antifreezes but best to stay with what u have already

Jonathan Furse
1,645

It will tell you in your owner's manual, which should be in the glovebox, or wherever you put all the papers that came with it.

Logan Saunders
1,060

YES!!!! The two types are NOT COMPATABLE. The reddish color is DEX-COOL extended life anti freeze. It is generally changed about every 5 years or so. CHECK YOUR OWNERS MANUAL for intervals. In a 2004 vehicle though, you should be getting close to change time.

Best Answer