Every time I shift into reverse to back out of my driveway, it seems to shift rough. My driveway is uphill.

ralvero43
10

Asked by ralvero43 Jul 21, 2007 at 01:21 PM about the 2007 Honda Accord LX

I have a new Honda Accord that I park on an uphill driveway.  Every time I shift into reverse to back out of my driveway, it seems to shift rough and I was wondering what to do.  It only does this when I'm parked in my driveway which is uphill.

29,495

Most likely the transmission fluid is concentrated at one end of the pan, and it is having trouble circulating the fluid into the valve body for the reverse gear while the car is situated this way. It takes a lot of fluid and fluid pressure to get the vehicle into reverse. Check your fluid level on a level surface with the engine hot, idling in park and see if you are low on fluid, also.

ralvero43
10

Helpful yes but does that mean it will always shift this way while parked in an uphill position. Because it's the only time it does it. I was wondering if there was anything I can do and if it will ruin my transmission. If so I might as well park on the street where it's level.