how many miles do you have when the low fuel light goes on?

diamondgirl
25

Asked by diamondgirl Mar 05, 2008 at 06:37 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT

When the yellow low fuel light comes on how do you have before you run out of fuel?

papa

in the range of 5 miles

dvigano
8,665

Every make and model is different. I would guess it's anywhere from 10 miles to 25 miles. Depending on the fuel economy of the vehicle in question.

Ryan Little
45

In our 2005, It goes about 40-50 miles still after the light comes on. These cars get really good mileage for a 3.5 V6.

Renee Dussia
45

1998 V6's I get about 10-15 miles with the light

CycoSue Mundschau
30

I have a 2001 Malibu with a V6. My light went on last night leaving work; I have traveled 42 miles at 60mph. Hopefully I don't burn out my fuel pump before I go another 1/2 mile to the station.

rbbloom
0

You people are way, way off. My 2000 Ford Taurus wagon had approximately 3 or 4 gallons left when the light went on, enough to drive at least sixty and as many as 100 miles (using cruise control) before the tank went completely empty. Five or ten miles! What would happen if you were on a lonely interstate in western Kansas or southwest Nevada? Even Ford and GM aren't that stupid. Come on now, people; read your manuals. The answers are there.