gas leaking, when fill up WHY?

richrich
5

Asked by richrich Jan 05, 2013 at 11:45 AM about the 2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2 Dr Z71 LS Standard Cab SB

every time i fill my 2004 colorado with gas, behind the fender, gas shoots out,when the gas pump shuts off.
  i took the plastic wheel well off.to get a better idea,
  i see NOTHING that is, or was WET. i am thinking the filler neck, has a crack in it.  i will know next time i put gas
in my truck. i can ck it out. cause i left the plastic panel out.

45,715

Try slowing the flow of gas when it's almost full. It could be air venting from the tank that's pushing the gas out.

Best Answer
richrich
5

why dont people listen, when a question is asked? THE GAS DOES NOT, COME OUT OF THE FILLER TUBE. IT LEAKS BEHIND THE PANEL. AND DOWN ON THE GROUND.