static coming from speaker

Robert Burnside
0

Asked by Robert Jul 09, 2010 at 10:53 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 4 Dr 1500 Crew Cab SB

I have static coming from the rear speaker in the rear passenger door with the ignition off and the key removed. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what is it?

Jason Ballard
165

Are you getting any odd battery drain? Alot of times static in the speakers without any power means its getting power from somewhere. I would recommend checking the grounds for that speaker.

anjy834u
2,235

get all the connection of ur speaker checked thorughly. http://chevroletavalanche.net/2011-pics/

mac112172
0

I had the same issue with my car, what I found was moisture was getting in my wiring after the car would dry out I was fine. The moisture could be coming from condensation from the AC for just from when it rained since I kinda have a seal leak around my passenger door window. To keep it from drain the batter while it dries out I simply unhooked the pos off the battery… good luck to you….