car was running fine, recently inspected, hit a pot hole, immediately after the car died & now it won't start or even crank over..how do i troubleshoot...can't afford a shop, need a DIY fix

Hope Wofford Gonsalves
0

Asked by Hope May 25, 2012 at 04:16 PM about the 1995 Toyota Tercel 4 Dr DX Sedan

checked the battery, the gas, car has power (radio/lights), thought maybe the connection to the starter was loose, but i took out the smaller of the 2 wires (cliped) to the starter and re clipped it - still nothing...been googleing and no luck.  I also noticed there seems to be alot of fresh grease (still wet) under the car ??? could something have blown/bust...if so how can i tell? Especially since the car won't even start!  HELP PLEASE

95,985

Did you check all your grounds, one could have come loose? You need to determine if your getting spark, and fuel. Do you have interior lights on, or clicking? Did I read your question right that you said it does crank, but doesn't start?

Wolfsbane
10

depending on the car and the hard enough bump you might have tripped the fuelpump shut off switch. These usually are activated when in an accident to shut the fuel pump off if its equiped with an eletric pump. Most are found someplace in the trunk but call the dealer or check the manual for the location.

Wolfsbane
10

the grease might be from a ruptured cv shaft boot.