cars been sitting for 2yrs HELP

strawhat
0

Asked by strawhat Aug 11, 2011 at 01:46 PM about the 1995 Toyota Tercel 4 Dr DX Sedan

ok so i have a 95' toyota tercel dx ran great 2 years ago i ran into some problems
and had to take it off the road. it sat on a level driveway for about 2 years in NY.
everything seems to be ok body wise (surprisingly got hardly any rust on the body
but the engine is looking its age) i have it on a trickle charge now so well see if it
starts but i was wondering what should i do to get it back into running shape. im
thinking clean gas, oil/filter, spark plugs the belt looks fine from what i can see
but any suggestions on what i should do to get it up and running aging would be
much appreciated. thanks.

Joel Thorne
55

Check the tires for dry rot, if they have cracks in the sidewall its time to replace them, other than that, you will probably need to drain your gas tank if you already haven't, also, a new fuel filter wouldn't be a bad idea. Gas goes bad rather quickly and it can gum up fuel filters fast, same for injectors, so with the new tank pour in a container of injector cleaner.