How do I drain the radiator on this car? I really just need to know where the drain plug is located.

turkeyjizz6969
25

Asked by turkeyjizz6969 Jun 16, 2008 at 01:35 PM about the 1995 Toyota Tercel 4 Dr DX Sedan

I have some rust that I would like to get out, so I can start using real coolant instead of water.

Paul Board
285

Honestly I'm not sure exactly were it is it should be on the bottom side and faceing the engine if you are unable to find it just take the lower water pump hose off its one clamp and should slide off

Adam Morgan
4,205

Umm... If you have rust issues it may be because you're using water and not real coolant? IE you haven't been putting any kind of corrosion inhibiter. Additionally chlorine... it's in tap water... will cause oxidation regardless, so are you at least using de-ionized water? I'd take the hose of since sometimes the drain get clogged easy and I have a feeling if from what you're saying you've got a decent rust problem by now.

Joshua Lomax
85

its located on the BOTTOM RIGHT Corner