Does the back seat lift up in order to fold down the back completely?

Noelle
25

Asked by Noelle Apr 12, 2008 at 11:47 PM about the 1990 Toyota Tercel 2 Dr EZ Hatchback

The back seat doesn't seem to fold down completely, I am wondering of the seat park has to
lift up first?

23,665

Don't believe it does on this model, you don't get a complete fold-down like the newer vehicles have.

Dan McCaig
215

yes it does lift up i had a 90 and figured it out. you have to stick your hand into the crack between the bottom of the seat back and the back of the seat bottom and you should be able to find a strap that unlatches the seat bottom to tip all the way toward the front and your seat backs will lay flat. you see the little straps are supposed to stick out about 2 or 3 inches from the crack to pull them forward but they get scrunched into the crack and if you don't know to look for them it is hard to unlatch the seat bottom, took me like 6 months of owning the car before i realized that