toyota corolla AWD SR5 wagon vs. Tercel AWD wagon

sue
0

Asked by sue Feb 04, 2007 at 12:43 AM about the 1990 Toyota Tercel 2 Dr STD Hatchback

hello!  i was wondering if guru you knew the answer to this question.  I'm interested in a Toyota Corolla Wagon AWD All Trac SR5 ('89 to '92) to buy used!     Then, lo and behold, I saw a Tercel All Trac and I began to wonder:  hmmmmm, should I know more about the Tercel?    Are they too AWD SR5 (what ever that is...).  In short, what pray tell is the difference between the Corolla All trac and the Tercel All trac?   thanks for your time.  susan

17,645

Hi Sue. Ok. Here goes. The Tercel 4WD system was made in the Tercel from 1983-1990 (discontinued in 1990.) All reports are that the all-trac system on the Tercel is just as reliable as the Corolla. In fact they are made from the same parts. All you need to know Sue is that the all-trac performance in both cars is the same. The Tercel was marketed as the baby Corolla though, as a cheaper, more economical car. Both great cars. Drivers seem to love them and say they can handle anything thrown at it.

Best Answer
sue
0

colin, thank you again!!!! that is really great information!!! I love wonderful and reliable cars and now, since i'm in the mountains more, i'll enjoy a 4 x 4 without having to buy a s.u.v.!! yipee. thanks again.